India is a land rich in history, tradition, and folklore. In this illustrated guide, you will find a treasury of folktales and urban legends about the astonishing necrodiversity of ghosts, monsters, and demons found in every corner of the country.
An encyclopedia of evil entities and folkloric fiends from across India, from Ladakh to Kerala, Lakshadweep to Nagaland, Naraka to Tuchenkwaka, complete with 60 spooky illustrations. Inside this book you will find...
- Killer robots built with stolen Roman engineering technology that once guarded the relics of the Buddha
- The ghost of a 21-year-old motorcyclist whose Enfield Bullet is venerated at a highway temple in Rajasthan
- A Himalayan drum-playing spirit-teacher whose wife is a fearsome Yeti
- Diabolical entities conjured into existence by the simultaneous deaths of seven tigers
- Triple-rooted night-flying Vedic necromancers
- Call-centre employees from beyond the grave
- The dreaded Ngalei Ahmaw of Maraland, whose victims’ heads detach themselves from their bodies at night and go wandering in search of blood ... AND MORE
Ghosts, Monsters and Demons of India by Rakesh Khanna & J.Furcifer Bhairav
Imprint: Watkins Publishing